Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Refelection- Looking back on the Ramrod's Champlain College Video!




A. The planning of the video, the ideas and the script were all discussed as a group effort. My personal job in the group was to bring the props for the video ( Champlain College seal, pictures of the Catamount, Baron, and Beaver) and act in the video as the naive college freshman in need of Champlain!

B. Somewhere between at B+ and A-. I felt I contributed well to the group and always shared my opinions and ideas with them during group meetings. I came prepared to the meetings with my assigned materials so we could productive as a team. I also actively participated in the shooting of the video and got to have my first acting debut.

C. I found the hardest aspect of the video to be finding a time when all four of us could meet for a long enough period to get done what we needed to. We made it work, but it took a lot of communication. We also had some difficulty starting the filming of the video. We all knew what we wanted it to be like in our heads, but it was difficult at first to find the right way to start going about it. But once we got started, it flowed well and we all just had fun playing around with different scenes.

D. Other than finishing, the most rewarding part of the video for me was watching some of the editing. I'm not savvy in anyway with video cameras or editing on the computer. So when we all met in the Mac lab and Dylan worked with the editing software, it was very cool to see what he was capable of doing with the footage. I have a greater appreciation for the creative process that is used to edit videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment