Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Introduction- A Sliver of my Media Filled Summer



The most interesting thing I did this summer was attend Camp Bisco. Camp Bisco is a three day music festival in up state New York, where bands from all over come together and perform for three days and those who attend camp out. The main band was the Disco Biscuits, but many other smaller bands and DJ's performed as well. My favorite band that attended was SOJA. They are a really cool reggae band that I follow and love. This was a special show for me because they opened with my favorite song: I Don't Wanna Wait.
Great Song: Check it out!





Hearing this song live made my experience at camp worthwhile. I was surrounded by many different kinds of media at camp. There was tons of people videotaping and photographing the shows and advertisements for bands all over the place. The taping of concerts was a type of media I have never first had experienced before, so that was a really awesome. After the shows, people take the live footage and post it on Facebook, blogs, Twitter, and Youtube- expanding it from a live media experience to a multi-platform media experience.

One of my favorite media experiences is reality television. I think it's fascinating that the television company has created something that people are addicted to watch because it is so ridiculous. My least favorite quality of media is the prominent violence found it a lot of media experiences. I think people don't realize how violence in the media affects people because we have become so used to it. Young children see violence on the TV, in video games, and on the internet. This affects them in negative ways, and is a definite downside of media today.


No comments:

Post a Comment